- FIT ALBUM- photo collection of different garment sizes worn by children w/ given stats. This is a work in progress.
- Sizes are approximations and will be very close but not always exact (in general allow +/- 0.5"). If a particular product deviates significantly from this chart it will be noted in product description.
Weight ranges are estimations. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have specific sizing questions.
When in doubt use the measurements to gauge fit. We find it useful to compare the measurements to your current favorite garments. * Keep in mind that the garments will lose a bit of sizing after 1-2 washes (mostly in vertical length). Machine-washable garments will not lose as much sizing if air dried but will reduce in size a little if you tumble them dry on medium/low.
- Note that the suggested sizing is based on babies that are wearing a fluffy cloth diaper. If you wish to purchase these for a child that wears a trimmer undergarment (sposies, trainers, undies, etc.) then you might be able to purchase a size down to get a snugger fit...this works especially well with shorts when inseam is less of a concern.
- IMPORTANT: If you have an older/used pair of Yooki it will probably be smaller than your new unwashed garment (in an identical garment size). This is might NOT be due to an actual sizing difference but rather a property of the knits after repeated washings and/or tumbling dry the machine-washable garments.
* X-SMALL Legging Hip= 8.25" versus 9" size small; X-SMALL Legging Thigh= 4" versus 4.5" size small
** X-SMALL Short Hip= 8.25" versus 9" size small; X-SMALL Short Thigh opening= 3.75" versus 4.25"
IMPORTANT: Sometimes there are slight variations in the feel and/or sizing of knit wool garments when comparisons are made between colors from the same batch of knits. This is due to the fact that each dye has a unique effect on the wool fibers and ultimately the yarn properties (texture, stretchiness, etc.). The result can be a tiny bit of difference in the sizing and hand feel of each color lot. It is not significant but worth mentioning.
View Color Archive